Pages

Trick or treat?

I know Halloween was ages ago, but I really wanted to share some pics I did on that evening since I had so much fun!
Here in Italy we are starting to celebrate this american festivity, I guess that the whole make up and dressing up it's the best part of it, so we go to the streets and show off our "creations".
A part from that we don't have so much stuff in the shops to decor houses, I found few things from a grocery and from the Yankee Store.
Besides the classic sweets and candy you can also make some on your own, giving ghost shape to meringues and decorating eyes and mouth with dark melted chocolate.
From the Yankee Store I got the Candy Corn candle, which smells delicious, and it's orange with Jack O' Lantern on the jar.
From the grocery I picked up some funny candies and marshmellows.

Lo so Halloween è passato da un secolo, ma ci tenevo a condividere con voi le foto che ho fatto, visto che è stata una serata davvero divertente. 
Questa festività americana, di origine celtica, si sta diffondendo un po' dappertutto. L'aspetto che sicuramente intriga di più è la possibilità di vestirsi e truccarsi e andare in giro per le strade a far vedere le proprie "creazioni".
Per quanto riguarda l'home decor, mi sono un po' arrangiata con quello che ho trovato, cioè molto poco, ma almeno qualcosina c'era.
Oltre ai classici dolcetti confezionati, per fare qualcosa di più carino basta fare degli spumini a forma di fantasmino e decorare occhi e bocca con del cioccolato fuso.
Allo Yankee Store ho preso la candela all'aroma Candy Corn (delizioso) con la decorazione di Jack O' Lantern, al supermercato ho trovato alcuni dolcetti a forma di zucca, molto carini.


My husband loves to dress up for Halloween, he bought a death costume online and every year he changes something or add a special thing. This year he decided to not put on any mask, but to use some black water paint instead and some wicked lenses.
I wanted to challenge myself and try to do a Sugar Skull make up. I bought the 12 Flash Color Case by Make Up Forever, I found a pretty good deal at La Truccheria here in Bologna, because they were having Halloween sales.
I was inspired by an amazing tutorial by Michelle Phan and also by the make up collection and face cart made by Rick Baker for Mac.
I decided not t dress up, because usually we spend the evening walking down the streets so it's cold and I don't take off my coat.
I accessorized with some beautiful jewelry by Tarina Tarantino, a pair of white skull earrings and a ring with a skull and a flower crown, love them!
From Accessorize I got a set of 4 rings with skulls and cross that went perfectly with my make up.
I hope you like my Halloween pics :)

Mio marito adora vestirsi per Halloween, ha acquistato un costume da morte online e ogni anno cambia qualcosa o aggiunge un dettaglio. Quest'anno ha deciso di non utilizzare maschere, ma solo water paint nera e lenti corneali davvero paurose. 
Io per non essere da meno ho acquistato questa famosissima palette della Make Up Forever presso La Truccheria approfittando degli ottimi sconti proposti per l'occasione e ho deciso di provare a ricreare uno Sugar Skull.
Mi sono ispirata ad un tutorial meraviglioso di Michelle Phan e al trucco ideato da Rick Baker per Mac.
Ho preferito non vestirmi in maniera particolare, anche perchè di solito stiamo in giro per le strade del centro ed è freddo quindi non mi tolgo mai il cappotto.
Come accessori ho trovato dei gioielli perfetti di Tarina Tarantino a metà prezzo in un negozietto che vendeva gli ultimissimi pezzi. Ho scelto degli orecchini a teschio bianchi con cristalli negli occhi e un anello davvero azzeccato con un teschio rosso e fiori colorati.
Da Accessorize ho trovato un set di anelli con teschi e croci ideali per l'occasione.
Spero che vi piacciano le foto :)

3 commenti:


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye