Pages

MAC | STAR TREK


With this limited edition collection, MAC celebrates 50 years of the epic Star Trek serie.
There was definitively a lot of hype for this collection, maybe less in Italy  since most of the line is still available.
Since I'm a super fan of the original serie I couldn't pass on it!
Let's begin with some swatches that you will find in the pictures below, in order we have:
  • four lipsticks: Klingiton, Where No Man Has Gone Before, LLap e The Enemy Within
  • four pressed pigments: Midnight, Bird Of Prey, To Boldly Go e The Naked Time
  • three fantastic Powders: Highly Illogical, Strange New Worlds e Luna Luster
La collezione in edizione limitata di MAC per celebrare i 50 anni di Star Trek è stata sicuramente una delle più attese, anche se il fatto che sia ancora quasi tutta disponibile online mi fa pensare che in Italia siano un po' meno i fan di questa saga.
Io da super fan della serie originale non potevo certo lasciarmela scappare!
Qui sotto trovate nell'ordine gli swatches:
  • dei quattro rossetti: Klingiton, Where No Man Has Gone Before, LLap e The Enemy Within
  • dei quattro pigmenti pressati: Midnight, Bird Of Prey, To Boldly Go e The Naked Time
  • delle tre Fantastic Powder: Highly Illogical, Strange New Worlds e Luna Luster


As I said at the beginning of this post, I went a little cray with this collection, here is what I picked up after swatching pretty much everything in store.

Come mi ho già anticipato ho acquistato parecchie cosine, ho scelto dopo aver swatchato praticamente tutta la collezione i prodotti che mi piacevano di più.


TO BOLDLY GO and BIRD OF PREY pressed pigments


I've never tried MAC pressed pigments before, I went for To Boldy Go, which is a light shiny copper, and Bird of Prey, a green with a lot of gold glitters, both pigmented and easy to apply, but I would suggest to use a primer or a paint pot to prevent fall out.

Non avevo mai provato i pigmenti pressati di MAC, tra i quattro disponibili ho scelto To Boldy Go che è un bronzo chiaro super brillante e Bird of Prey, un verde luminoso ricco di glitter dorati, entrambi pigmentati e sfumabili, consiglio di utilizzare una base come i paint pot per evitare fall out eccessivo.

TRIP THE LIGHT FANTASTIC pressed powder in LUNA LUSTER


This highlighter has a gorgeous packaging, it really seems like the surface of an unexplored planet.
Fantastic Powders may be used also on the lids or all over the face, but I do prefer it as an highlighter. 

Questo illuminante è bellissimo anche nel packaging, sembra proprio la superficie di un pianeta inesplorato.
In realtà le Fantastic Powder si possono utilizzare anche sugli occhi o addirittura su tutto il viso, a me piace molto come illuminante.

WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE lipstick


I chose Where no man has gone before from the four lipsticks available, this to me was the most wearable.
I was a little worried for the gold shine but, after I swatched it, it actually looked pretty with the cool toned purply pink and I love the gold peaking through.

Tra le quattro tonalità di rossetti disponibili ho scelto Where no man has gone before, a mio parere la più portabile.
Online sembrava troppo pieno di glitter invece swatchandola in negozio mi sono resa conto di quanto fosse bello e luminoso.
E' un rosa con una punta di viola dal sottotono freddo con una perlescenza dorata, molto particolare.

SUPER SLICK LIQUID EYELIGHTERS in PURE SHOW and NOCTURNAL


I'm definitively not a liquid liner master, but these two really caught my eye, they are just perfect for the holidays, so metallic and shiny, I really like them.

Devo ammettere di non essere una maga dell'eyeliner, ma questi due mi sembravano perfetti per le feste in arrivo, uno oro ed uno argento, entrambi scriventi e metallizzati, molto carini.

WARP SPEED AHEAD lipglass


I chose the darkest lipglass from the four that were available.
Warp Speed Ahead it's a plum/red with warm undertones and a lot of light blue and gold glitters.
It's quite opaque and not too sticky, the color is really nice and different.

Tra le quattro tonalità di lipglass ho scelto la più scura, Warp Speed Ahead, un viola/rosso dal sottotono caldo pieno di glitter oro e azzurri. 
E' abbastanza coprente e non troppo appiccicoso, un colore un po' diverso dal solito.

EYELASHES


These false eyelashes are blue! 
And that's basically the only reason why I got them, hoping that one day I'll be able to wear them without sticking my fingers to my eyes with the eyelashes glue.
They look amazing, edgy but not too out there.

Queste ciglia finte hanno le punte blu! 
Ecco l'unico motivo per cui le ho acquistate, sperando un giorno di imparare a metterle senza appiccicarmi le dita agli occhi con la colla.
Le trovo bellissime e originali senza scadere nell'esagerato.

184 DUO FIBRE FAN BRUSH


I may or I may not got myself into the whole blinding trend that is all over the social media, which means to shine like a disco ball.
No jokes, I made baby steps into the highlighting world and I actually enjoy it, that's why I went for this fan brush which is perfect to apply the product lightly and effortlessly. 

Anche io mi sono fatta convincere dal trend che spopola ormai su tutti i social, ossia risplendere come un faro nella notte.
Scherzi a parte ho iniziato anche io ad applicare l'illuminante con moderazione ed ho deciso di farlo con lo strumento giusto, questo è un classico pennello a ventaglio che distribuisce il prodotto molto delicatamente.

SWATCHES


I obviously really liked this collection, I've heard that many would have preferred craziest colors, but in my opinion weird colors are the ones I never reach for.
MAC played a lot with glitters and the cute packaging and developed a really interesting collection.

Inutile ribadire che questa collezione mi è piaciuta molto, tanti avrebbero preferito colori più pazzi, ma per quanto mi riguarda sono quelli che finiscono per primi nel dimenticatoio.
Giocando sul packaging e sui glitter presenti praticamente ovunque MAC ha comunque creato una collezione molto interessante.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye